• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sorting mp3s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fordman

Hello

Im looking for a program that will sort out all of my mp3s on my hd into the album namesand music to the proper track?

Fordman

Boy if there is such a thing a ton of people would be interested.

If I understand the question right.... This program has to take a group of named songs and figure out what album they are from?

But the way I understand it, the database on the web knows that a group of songs, that each have their own time is the only way it can name the album. Its like a fingerprint no two albums songs will come out to the exact same total time.

So having the exact group of songs from an album would be the only way to know what album it is.

Would like to be proved wrong here, but that is my understanding of how Databases name albums. :shrug: Also wanted to give you a reply so you woud'nt have to bump this a third time. lol :) bump

Hello

Thanks dfonda. I know ITunes will do it but I dont have an install disk for it. My buddy will lend his copy for his Ipod but I was looking for an alterantive. Ive been told windows media player will do a half *** job of what I want. Thankyou for the reply.

Fordman

I use some ID3-TagIT program, but just google ID3 tag and try some of the programs.

Back