• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows security center

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i imagine not, as its part of the operating system integrated with SP2, however, i bet if you were a highly clever type, you might be able to break it (disable it) in the registry somehow, or possibly remove some components it needs do function through deletion.

just a guess. not something i would reccomend for kids or cowboys really...

why would you want to do that?

i don't want to on my computer but a friend who uses walmart connect and norton antivirus program keeps getting messages from the windows security center that his antivirus / firewall program is disabled. it's probably a software problem somewhere.

Disabling the Service is one option, another is to just disable the AV and Firewall alerts from within the Security Center (Start | Run | Type...wscui.cpl, and click OK) | Click the "Change the way Security Center alerts me" link | Uncheck "Virus Protection" and "Firewall" in the Alert Settings dialog.

Back