• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ebuyer uk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbest81

Registered
the product descriptions are quite often inaccurate - i have been surprised a number of times to find products literally loose and rattling around in the main carton..... has anyone else had this experience?

In the UK, most suppliers rely on the Manufacturers' packaging. The only addition they make is to place the box in a black plastic bag to disguise the item. I have bought several electronic items recently, and all the suppliers used this approach. Fortunately I had no problems, but if you have ever seen the contempt with which most carriers treat parcels, you have to be impressed with the build quality and ruggedness of the goods.

I've been with Ebuyer for a while. I've noticed how they shove a few airbags in with the goods (with the one big exeptions being hard drives). Never had anything DOA though...

Try and stick to the main sites, overclockers.co.uk for example when buying from the UK - Aria.co.uk is also same kinda prices as ebuyer but better delivery/customer service.

I used to use ebuyer alot, but it sucks apart from the prices, which aren't even much better now.

overclockers.co.uk is overpriced, ebuyer rocks :) there packaging is amazing, they have air bags, foam and everything in there :p

I agree with the inaccurate description though. But if you read the reviews you find out how inaccurate it is ;) I know my graphics card was missing some cable, but i wouldnt have used it anyway :p

The prices are actually pretty close now between the two - the difference is overclockers generally sell high quality parts, and tend to stay away from the uber cheap brands.

Also i like to get my stuff next day, not within the next 2 weeks.

That was the main reason i stopped using ebuyer - They changed couriers and delivery became a week on average.

For cheap - aria.co.uk is the way to go.

-WEbzta

Ebuyer are often a few quid cheaper than Overclockers.co.uk, BUT their customer service is terrible.

I've sat on hold for practically days on end, before speaking to somebody alive, and when I finally get through, the customer support guys aren't exactly the sharpest guys you ever met...

Overclockers.co.uk
scan.co.uk
aria.co.uk
microdirect.co.uk (their warehouse is a 25 min walk from my student accomodation - NO DELIVERY CHARGE :D) - these all win the prize with me :)

Back