• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp 30 day countdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yup. You can't log in, and you are pretty much SOL until you activate. You CAN, however, boot into Safe Mode w/o being activated IIRC...

:cool:

but to be sure if I do buy a new copy I should only have to enter the key in and not reinstall?

I think I'll call them 1st since I have 2 copies that are bought and paid for just using on my new puter, "wont take the key"

19 days left:)

68442 said:
but to be sure if I do buy a new copy I should only have to enter the key in and not reinstall?

I think I'll call them 1st since I have 2 copies that are bought and paid for just using on my new puter, "wont take the key"

I always call ASAP cause that little activation bubble drives me crazy!!! I never go 30 minutes with that stupid thing... Call take all of 4 minutes, just decipher what they say with a pen!

68442 said:

You dont need to buy a new XP. Just simply call them up, say you reformatted and get the activation key.

ps2cho said:
You dont need to buy a new XP. Just simply call them up, say you reformatted and get the activation key.

True, that.

I even did the sneaky thing once and installed a friend's XP and phoned MS up and quoted his hardware key or whatever it is. They gave me the activation key and it worked.

Back