• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem installing VIA 4 in 1 drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arden

I am running W2K SP4, I tried to update the 4 in 1 drivers and lost they wouldn't install. Now device manager shows no drivers installed for, VIA Bus Master Controller, Via CPU to AGP Controller, VIA Standard CPU to PCI Bridge. When i try to install I get message;"An error occured during the installation of the device" "The system cannot find the file specified" Is there any hope for reparing or do I need a clean install? Any help would be appreciated.

Kinda looks like you need to change were windows is looking for the drivers. You shaould be able to download them to a file and reinstall them, just have to direct windows to that file unless the file is esecutable then just run it. Go here for the latest: http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=3&CatID=1230
Just follow the instructions, one thing I noticed though is the first one doesn't have in IDE filter which you need for windows 2000,
"Compared with the previous Hyperion Pro driver package, version 5.00A, this version does include the IDE Filter driver, V1.20D. For Win9X/ME/2K the IDE filter driver is needed to support UDMA 6. The IDE Filter driver is not needed for WinXP SP1 and later Microsoft operating systems."
But page down to the second set and it should work for you.

Well I think I tried just about everthing couldn't get windows to find the needed files. I gave up and reinstalled W2K and loaded the 4 in 1 drivers from MSI's site. The drivers they recomended were the 5.00a and the loaded so I hope everything is working now. Thanks for your reply to my problem.

Back