• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PhotoShop ( Webinterface )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DerekDRP

Disabled
Ok wipped up my web site interface in about 5-20 minuts ( some of it was thinking of what I should do )

interfaceprogress.jpg

tell me what you gentleman and ladies think ok?

Being honest, I dont either. But, that is to not say much, because my vision is not the same as yours. You should see where everything goes and all, but I dont know that until you actually implement it. However, 5-20 minutes is not nearly long enough for a well laid out interface. I have about 10 years experience with photoshop, and it still takes me a good 3 to 4 hours to detail and work out exactly what I want in my interfaces.

- Draw it out.
- Plan a color scheme
- Work it out in photoshop
- Detail it
- Tweak it
- Slice it
- Implement it
- Code it

Thanks Her and Midnight dreams.

My I pm you MD? so we possible could claberate on a basic but good looking interface? using photoshope 5.5?

DerekDRP said:
Thanks Her and Midnight dreams.

My I pm you MD? so we possible could claberate on a basic but good looking interface? using photoshope 5.5?

You can PM me if you wish, but im currently in the middle of a Linux install, so I wouldnt be able to do much minus offer general information and techniques (which I would still gladly do).

I apologize for not listing WHY I didn't like it.

-The 3 dots on the bottom don't seem like they should be there.
-The colors aren't pleasing.
-Having a huge green oval in the middle of the screen is plain boring
-The screws look too 2 dimensional. Give them some depth; use shading

I also suggest you try not to go with an abstract design. The rectangular sites are always better to look at.

Don't dump this in the recycling bin though. If you still have the .psd, I suggest you change the colors, delete the 3 dots, shrink it down, and implement it into your website. It would be a nice home for anything real time... (clock, news, weather....) Make the screws "bolt" into the newer design.

If you spent as much time on this as you say, I would LOVE to see what you do with a few weeks of design... Nice work, and post back with the finished product!

Herr Rogers said:
I apologize for not listing WHY I didn't like it.

-The 3 dots on the bottom don't seem like they should be there.
-The colors aren't pleasing.
-Having a huge green oval in the middle of the screen is plain boring
-The screws look too 2 dimensional. Give them some depth; use shading

I also suggest you try not to go with an abstract design. The rectangular sites are always better to look at.

Don't dump this in the recycling bin though. If you still have the .psd, I suggest you change the colors, delete the 3 dots, shrink it down, and implement it into your website. It would be a nice home for anything real time... (clock, news, weather....) Make the screws "bolt" into the newer design.

If you spent as much time on this as you say, I would LOVE to see what you do with a few weeks of design... Nice work, and post back with the finished product!

No worries dude.

Hey guys and "GALS" what do you think fo this version? its been 20 minuts of using photoshope its not done as you can see plainly.

interfacecopy.jpg

Back