• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Audio Driver 4.62 (nForce2 Board)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Has anyone got this installed on a nForce2 without any problems I tried to install it 3 months ago as my driver currently is 4.42. Last time I installed it the thing naffed up my nVmixer software but I didn't uninstall my current version I just went to Device Manager and updated the audio driver from there.

Could that be whats causing the problem??? Also last time it wouldn't let me use any Equalizer settings like Techno mode or Club mode.

do you have nforce latest drivers installed ?

can you go into add/remove programs and uninstall sound driver only.

then uninstall your sound hardware from device manager.

re-boot and run the newest downloaded version of the audio driver.

the nforce2 driver package includes 4.42 as you may already know.. but i definetly sugest you removing that driver and then your hardware and let wondows re-detect it.. from there cancel the windows found new hardware drver install prompts and run the installer you downloaded.

oh i see in your sig you have 5.10 .. just remove the audio part and go from there.

also suggest disabling antivirus and other programs when installing drivers..

I downloaded it and removed the old driver and NvMixer before hand restarted and installed the 4.62 works perfectly. Cheers for the help in resolving this issue which I have had for a while now maybe Most Wanted won't show my sound driver with a ! in the EasyTool program.

Last edited:
Installed the 4.62 update it worked as mentioned now everytime I reboot it creates an echo effect on my speakers. If I open up the control panel to NVMixer it shows that my system was playing small sounds a.k.a echo effect on my music.

I've uninstalled it and gone back to 4.42 sorry to have caused such time waisting.

why didnt you just adjust it ? or did it not give you the option ?

and dont be sorry about wasted time.. thats how we all learn around here.

It gives you the option it was effecting my 2 Speaker settings profile NVMIXER has different profiles (I'm sure you know this already). Like 2, 4, 5.1 etc to stop it from doing the echo effect for that computer session. I had to switch it to 4 speakers then back again to 2 speakers but it would happen again if I restarted my PC and logged in.

All my volume levels where fine didn't switch or anything just that annoying echo effect. I'm back to 4.42 now cause that came with the original 5.10 package.

Back