• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg lying?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I know that I personally have always had excellent customer service from Newegg and have been using them for close to 7 years now. I would bet that if you where to take a poll on customer satisfaction of Newegg customers on this website they would probably get an A to A+ average. Anyways, I would bet that it is either just a glitch in TrustE's database or Newegg got tired dealing with thier crap. If TrustE is anything like the BBB then it is not always worth it to stay registered with them.

TUK101 said:
Well I know that I personally have always had excellent customer service from Newegg and have been using them for close to 7 years now. I would bet that if you where to take a poll on customer satisfaction of Newegg customers on this website they would probably get an A to A+ average. Anyways, I would bet that it is either just a glitch in TrustE's database or Newegg got tired dealing with thier crap. If TrustE is anything like the BBB then it is not always worth it to stay registered with them.

Yeah i know newegg owns. Personally it wont effect my decision to purchase from them at all. I would buy anything from their in an instance if the price was right. I just wanted to point it out because it seemed weird. It might bother someone else.

Ummmm....
What newegg is saying:
"This sign of Trust means we are Trusted,since it is verified"

So....if its not verified....
"This sigh of Trust means we are not Trustable, since we are lying about you being able to trust it"
:bang head

time to club-it !

Dear Valued Newegg and OC Forum friends,

Hello my name is Aaron, I'm Jason's assistant; I'll be helping Jason with a lot of OC Forums stuff! No need to email us regarding this problem. I have read the posts and done a little investigation myself.

I will be speaking with Jason along with some upper management people to get you guys the most accurate information, and rest assured this will be the first place I will post the facts!

Thanks for the concern!

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that proved it to me, dont need no truste telling me who i can trust.
/lovenewegg

Wow, newegg ****es me off just like every other vendor sometimes, but I will always love a company who actually cares about its customers enough to join forums and talk to US, THE CUSTOMERS!!!

A+++++

mdameron, your link now leads to a thread that has been moved to where normal users of the [H] forums can't go. What exactly did the thread talk about?

Well I can't see it either anymore. Mods must be delete happy. Anywho, basically some guy bought a bunch intel equipment for a few servers from newegg, and his company had problems with every server they built. Contacted intel, and intel said newegg wasn't a authorized vendor for the equipment they bought (it was the NICs in question). Intel had them send pictures of the equipment and said the equipment was counterfeit. That's all I really remember from the thread, don't know what happened to it.

Entire System built from Newegg.com but i have had some product issues example: ordering a 650 PSU Antec and getting some no name 650 but they made up for it.

FilteROwNz said:
Entire System built from Newegg.com but i have had some product issues example: ordering a 650 PSU Antec and getting some no name 650 but they made up for it.

yeah, I would expect Newegg to make up for it. Mistakes happen to the absolute best of any type of company. It is just something that happens. Where the real test comes is how that company that made the mistake responds once they learn of the mistake. Newegg has always been 100% on top of things for me. Sure I had to wait an extra couple days to build my PC due to the wrong video card being sent, but Newegg took care of it with no problems, an apology, and even tossed in a free gift at the time. Maybe people have become desensitized to that, but that is the kind of customer service you just don't find every day.

Aktunka said:
yeah, I would expect Newegg to make up for it. Mistakes happen to the absolute best of any type of company. It is just something that happens. Where the real test comes is how that company that made the mistake responds once they learn of the mistake. Newegg has always been 100% on top of things for me. Sure I had to wait an extra couple days to build my PC due to the wrong video card being sent, but Newegg took care of it with no problems, an apology, and even tossed in a free gift at the time. Maybe people have become desensitized to that, but that is the kind of customer service you just don't find every day.

+1

We all make mistakes ( I think I should have been fired by now, but that's another thread) and how we handle ourselves after the mistake is known is what separates us the the @$$holes we don't like. I have had 100% good luck with them. I had some stuff 2nd day to me. Shipper dropped the ball. Newegg refunded (not charged me ground rate) the shipping on the items that didn't make it. (Norco 810, or 800, rack mount case, not cheap 2nd day aired either). That is A#1 service. Sure they got the refund from the shipped, but I got my money back as well. Kudos to newegg.... Now when I order my 240 Opts, feel free to send the 265 or 280s. :)

Back