• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recycle Bin replacment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d3v

Hi,

Can anyone link me to a proper file deletion program that REPLACES the Recycle Bin?

What I mean is that I don't want to have to open the program to be able to delete a file. The way windows does it with the standard recycle bin is perfect.

Regards, d3v.

If when you delete a file, you'd rather delete it permanently instead of sending it to the Recycle Bin... either hold down the Shift key and select Delete from the drop-down menu, or open the Properties of the Recycle Bin and check "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin - Remove files immediately when deleted". Also uncheck "Display delete confirmation dialog".

Hi,

I am looking for a PROPER deletion program... you know, the type that make it impossible for file recovery programs to recover files.

Are there any that function like the default windows recycle bin?

Yeah I always look at major geeks but theres so many so I was hoping someone knew what I was looking for.

Tried DP Wiper an hour ago and it's no good... you gotta open the program to be able to delete files.... not practical IMO.

Back