• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid Ebay scammer. Can I contact bank or do I have to wait for paypal.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fighter2a

A seller on ebay scammed me and a few others on goods she never shipped out. I have my paypal account connected to my wells fargo bank account and payed with paypal which took the money from my bank. Can I contact my bank and tell them to try and get the money back or do I have to wait for the paypal dispute. I filed a claim but I don't know how long thats going to take. Anyone know anything that might be helpful?

I've only ever filled one claim , was resolved in about 3 weeks.... I let paypal/ebay handle the issue, just make sure to send them all your emails between you and the seller...

Hope that helps ....

Ok, I just called paypal up and it seems that if the person doesn't have enough money in their account to pay me back I don't get the money back?! Has this happened to anyone? Should I get my bank involved?

Fighter2a said:
Ok, I just called paypal up and it seems that if the person doesn't have enough money in their account to pay me back I don't get the money back?! Has this happened to anyone? Should I get my bank involved?
thats right

CALL YOUR BANK

Fighter2a said:
That is the big lie involving Paypal. For their talk of protections, they normally do very little. Deal with the bank, and if you have the proper information, legal authorities.

Call bank tell them its fraud.

ps kinda curious could u link to the auction u got scammed on so other dont as well.

Back