• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOL Instant Messenger icon disappearing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
It may be a coincidence that this happens ONLY on my A64 systems, and never on my INTEL systems, but here is what happens:

I have my AIM set up so that when minimized it goes to the bottom right AIM icon in my taskbar, and doesn't show up as a minimized window in taskbar. I hide all IMs while I'm away, disable sounds, etc...

I go to work for the day and come back. I see the icon on bottom right still there with the away msg tag over the little yellow-orange AIM guy. I put mouse over it to double-click and access, but as soon as mouse touches the icon it disappears.

This never happened on my old Intel 550, and doesn't happen to my current P4 2.53. How come both of my A64 systems (in sig) do this ALWAYS?

The 2nd rig in my sig was JUST INSTALLED. Completely clean windows install and driver install, and it still does this crap.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx.

~Garo

I'm trying this right now... we'll see how it goes. For some reason, I feel like it ain't gonna work. :(

Back