• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound card says " IRQ CONFLICT! "

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XPIxEXAMPLE

Registered
I just installed a MAYA 7.1 sound card on my system, updated the drivers, and disabled the onboard soundcard. Now in the Maya Console, it displays a message saying IRQ CONFLICT ! . And theres no sound. I tried changing it to a different slot but same thing. Any ideas on how I could solve this issue ??? Thnx !!!!

Before you installed your new sound card, did you completely remove the old onboard sound drivers and software? Did you then shutdown the system, install the new sound card, boot the system to the BIOS and disable the onboard sound?

Is it possible that the "IRQ Conflict" message is just an indicator that the card is sharing resources, and not indicating an actual problem? Does the soundcard show up as a problem device in Device Manager?

Open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there.

Back