• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS and Newegg, WTF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mav2KM

I ordered 2GB's of ram last Friday at 10PM and with the holiday I understand that I will not get my package until tomorrow according to UPS and that my package is still "on time" or whatever. I check the stats a few times every day and it seems that UPS is having a few problems shipping my package to the right state... I live in Chicago, and my package was sent from CA, to Illinois, Rockford, which is very close to Chicago only a half hour drive in some parts. Leave it to the geniuses at UPS to sent my package off to Iowa, not just one place, but two different cities in Iowa. Then back to some other city in Illinois, even farther away. I will assume tomorrow it will arrive back to some other distributing plant near Chicago, then finally off to my house. I do understand that it must go through a few distributing and scanning warehouses, but this just seems like a waste of time and money. I almost think since it arrived a day early, they sent it back in the roundabout for another day just so it arrives "on time" I just hope this extra riffing around does not damage my parts! As long as it gets to my house on time and with no damage its going to be fine, its just WTF UPS?

01/05/2006 19:47:00 IN TRANSIT TO IL ADDISON
01/05/2006 19:46:00 DEPARTURE SCAN IA DAVENPORT
01/05/2006 17:49:00 ARRIVAL SCAN IA DAVENPORT
01/05/2006 14:55:00 DEPARTURE SCAN IA DES MOINES
01/05/2006 11:47:00 LOCATION SCAN IA DES MOINES
01/05/2006 07:09:00 UNLOAD SCAN IA DES MOINES
01/05/2006 04:31:00 ARRIVAL SCAN IA DES MOINES
01/05/2006 03:35:00 DEPARTURE SCAN IL ROCKFORD
01/05/2006 01:33:00 ARRIVAL SCAN IL ROCKFORD
01/04/2006 20:12:00 DEPARTURE SCAN CA ONTARIO
01/04/2006 02:55:00 LOCATION SCAN CA ONTARIO
01/02/2006 21:36:00 ORIGIN SCAN CA BALDWIN PARK
01/02/2006 16:31:51 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]

Yeah..
My newegg order i'm placing tonight will have to go FedEX. I can't afford no UPS BS. Really, I can't, they've already jacked up one of my cases for this same build. Luckily Directron just sent another one, the the UPS man didn't even ask to see the f-ed up box they dropped off last time.

Hello Mav2KM,

We thoroughly apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced with the shipping of your order. Have you contacted UPS at all about how they are handling your packages?!

If you do not receive your packages on the estimated time given by UPS or if you receive your packages and they appear roughed up at all, please feel free to contact me and we can take the appropriate action to keep you satisfied. Newegg strives to keep its customers happy.

In the event you or anyone reading this thread needs further assistance please do not hesitate to PM me or email me directly at [email protected].

Thank you for your time,

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

Mav2KM said:
I ordered 2GB's of ram last Friday at 10PM and with the holiday I understand that I will not get my package until tomorrow according to UPS and that my package is still "on time" or whatever. I check the stats a few times every day and it seems that UPS is having a few problems shipping my package to the right state... I live in Chicago, and my package was sent from CA, to Illinois, Rockford, which is very close to Chicago only a half hour drive in some parts. Leave it to the geniuses at UPS to sent my package off to Iowa, not just one place, but two different cities in Iowa. Then back to some other city in Illinois, even farther away. I will assume tomorrow it will arrive back to some other distributing plant near Chicago, then finally off to my house. I do understand that it must go through a few distributing and scanning warehouses, but this just seems like a waste of time and money. I almost think since it arrived a day early, they sent it back in the roundabout for another day just so it arrives "on time" I just hope this extra riffing around does not damage my parts! As long as it gets to my house on time and with no damage its going to be fine, its just WTF UPS?

Aaron, I and many other Long time Newegg customers have had these type of problems as well as UPS not complying in requiring a signature when delivering a high dollar package. They usually deliver a day late and they always leave packages without requiring a signature. NO MATTER WHAT VALUE! Ive had them leave $500 packages at my door step. Ive also watched as a UPS driver pulled up to my house threw the blinds and he walked up dropped the package on the table without even KNOCKING! UPS is dispicable and us longtime Newegg customers dont understand why Newegg cant use FedEx as their primary shipping provider. When inquiring Newegg employees say the FedEx prices havent been raised. THIS IS NOT TRUE, THEY HAVE BEEN!

Thank you,
Nathan

Newegg Support said:
Hello Mav2KM,

We thoroughly apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced with the shipping of your order. Have you contacted UPS at all about how they are handling your packages?!

If you do not receive your packages on the estimated time given by UPS or if you receive your packages and they appear roughed up at all, please feel free to contact me and we can take the appropriate action to keep you satisfied. Newegg strives to keep its customers happy.

In the event you or anyone reading this thread needs further assistance please do not hesitate to PM me or email me directly at [email protected].

Thank you for your time,

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

I find that really cool that they have active employees at OC forums, I am glad I found this. Today I got my package from UPS on time! As far as they are concerned... It says it’s at my front door. What a joke! They didn't even leave a note saying they attempted to deliver it. Nothing... :bang head Now I get to wait 4 days until I can file a claim because it Friday. Then they can have fun not* searching for my package for 10 days. After that they can then process the validity of my loss for 2-5 days. Then 3-5 days later I can expect my re-fund. Then I get to re-order and around 1 week have my package re-delivered from FedEx. So, I should get my ram, in hopefully a month now. :) <_<

Yeah, I just e-mailed the newegg guy and I hope he can figure out a better way to get my package to my house.

Last edited:
Nathan0490 said:
Aaron, I and many other Long time Newegg customers have had these type of problems as well as UPS not complying in requiring a signature when delivering a high dollar package. They usually deliver a day late and they always leave packages without requiring a signature.

true that.

I ordered my xfx 6600gt from newegg wednesday night via 3day UPS, and it acually came friday! It was scheduled to be delivered on tuesday.... Then again the warehouse newegg shipped it from is only about 3hr's from my house.

stang8118 said:
I ordered my xfx 6600gt from newegg wednesday night via 3day UPS, and it acually came friday! It was scheduled to be delivered on tuesday.... Then again the warehouse newegg shipped it from is only about 3hr's from my house.

too bad they wouldnt just let u pick it up ! :)

Nathan0490 said:
UPS is dispicable and us longtime Newegg customers dont understand why Newegg cant use FedEx as their primary shipping provider. When inquiring Newegg employees say the FedEx prices havent been raised. THIS IS NOT TRUE, THEY HAVE BEEN!
yes, fed-ex prices have gone up ALOT. i was looking at shipping for a case UPS:~$15 | Fedex Express:~$35. hmmm, i seem to remember shipping being closer to $15-$20 via fedex a year ago...

I always thought that the Newegg rep's name was Jason.... LOL oh well.

I have an order in from SVC.com and using UPS, they haven't updated the progress of my package in 3 days (online), it's very annoying not knowing where my stuff is.

SVC.com also said it would takke "1-5 Days" to ship, and UPS estimates it at 7 days, I'm really disappointed, UPS's TV commercials are very misleading.

First Jason then Aaron, next it will be Suzy and then John... Where does it end? :rolleyes:

Watch Jason never show up again. Heh.

Well I faithfully order from the egg, however since UPS has become the main delivery entity, I have become somewhat leary on meeting deadlines. I recently placed an order on 12/31, I knew that the weekend was not going to accomplish anything however NewEgg did their best and managed to ship my order out as I expected on Jan 2nd (I still want to know what Special Holiday it was that basically stopped all transport of goods) UPS however has had my packages ready to be delivered on the 5th....I don't see how it takes so long for them to get this package out to a place that is roughly 20miles away.

UPS has dropped the ball for this order. Not only do I pay outrageous shipping prices for getting it ground shipped but they also seem to enjoy taking time in actually getting the merchandise out the door. I might not have a huge company but the importance to productivity weighs heavy in this circumstance, I expected this to be delivered today NOW I'll have to hope that when Monday rolls around I will recieve it.

Ask yourself....what has Brown done for you? I will not comment on this..

However the Egg is as always good to me...it's just the shipping is terrible....10%+ in fees?...ouch

I'll add one more about UPS... I didn't want to make a new thread, because one's enough...

anyway

I placed an order for some items from Newegg via UPS 3-day on November 11th. The package was being shipped from their New Jersey warehouse in Edison. I made sure to tick the 'rush processing' option while I was ordering, so Newegg would ship it that day (friday). And they did.

(The only reason why I chose UPS was to save a few $$$. Never again...)

All was good until the delivery date of 11/15 ...then I get this

11/15/2005 17:42:00 THE APARTMENT NUMBER IS MISSING OR IS INCORRECT. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION.[X]

I give them a call, and apparently the driver could not find my house. I wondered how could that happen since I ordered some items a few weeks back and received them with no problem at all.

So what does UPS do? Yup, you guessed it. UPS sends it back to Newegg:

11/15/2005 20:38:45 SERVICE DELAY OR RETURN TO SHIPPER, SERVICE DISRUPTION;PACKAGE RETURNED TO SENDER[X]

What boggles my mind is, why did they send it back to their California warehouse, when the package came from New Jersey? And also why couldn't UPS keep the package at the location and try to deliver again the next day???

So I call UPS again and they say it is impossible to stop the package. They tell me to contact the retailer to obtain more information. So I call Newegg and they tell me when the package gets to their warehouse, it becomes void so I have to place a new order.

The package is now in Austin, TX and sits there for a day with no activity. It finally gets moving and gets delivered to the Newegg warehouse in California(?) on 11/18

Nov 18, 2005
10:13 A.M.
CERRITOS, CA, US
DELIVERY

Of course, Newegg will do a full refund, and I did not want to place a new order until I saw the refund reflected on my online banking statement.
That did not happen until 11/25

So I place an order again, and this time I choose FEDEX Express Saver. I received the package one day early.

I hate when shippers require a signature! If you live off in the woods like I do you just want them to get the thing to you as fast as possible. I guess I might be in the minority here. My wife and I both work. :shrug:

It is jason, but his assistant Aaron is now helping with us basket cases from oc forums

I think that was just some self deprecating tongue in cheek humor.No?

I think all the shipping companies suck tbh. I've had both FedEx and UPS hold my packages for 3-4 days only 30 minutes from my house .. simply because they weren't "due for delivery" yet. None of the companies has ever required a signature despite the fact that they are supposed to either.

One of my NewEgg orders (this was about a year ago) ended up at my neighbor's house without me being informed with so much as a sticky on my door. FedEx kept telling me it was delivered to my house so they didn't know what happened.

5-6 days later the wife and I chased a stray cat we were trying to catch over onto the neighbor's property. The house was empty btw - our neighbor had his house repo'd so no one lived there. Up on the porch there was a big box. Lo and behold it was my NewEgg package! $500 order sitting on the porch of an empty house for a week - and FedEx claimed it was delivered to my house. Completely shameful service on the part of FedEx.

Hello Thread Readers,

All shipping prices on our website are the prices FedEx and UPS offer, we defiantly do our best to negotiate the lowest price, however since we are not the ones providing the shipping service we have no control over the prices.

We do still offer FedEx as a method of shipping, however since UPS offered lower prices we made them as our primary shipper, this simply means they are the default shipping option. Again, we have no control over the prices these companies are charging.

In regards to the numerous Newegg representatives appearing as contacts on OC Forums, we do not plan on adding any other Newegg Representatives to the task of assisting our OC Forum friends, this task has been given to me with Jason as my supervisor. To be honest we need every Newegg agent we have answering phones after this Holiday season, but I can assure you, you will always receive the help you need.

Hopefully this touches on every question or concern anyone had, in the event you require further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me and let me know.

Thanks,

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

Back