• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help BSOD!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rseven

My system was just reformated yesterday and running fine. I went to boot it tonight and after the Windows boot screen I get a black screen and a couple of minutes later the BSOD message:
Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error}
0xc0000135(0x00000000 0x00000000)
I have reset the cmos, but it was no help. It won't boot into safe mode or last known working config either. Any ideas?

i hate it when that happens ...

you've ran test at all yet ??

and i take it you didnt cange any bios settings when you re-installed ..

Yea, tell me about it. I ended up setting everything at stock and doing a windows repair reinstall. It's a pain, but it was the only way I knew I could fix it. I think something got corrupted in windows do to my ram timings. (It's just a guess) What is odd is that I had passed 22 hours of prime and Super Pi 32m, so I thought it was pretty stable, but I was wrong. I slowed them down from cl2 to cl2.5 and bumped my speed back up to 2565GHz once again. It seems fine for now, but I will see how it reacts over the next few days.

Just be glad your not having problems like I am when you can't install windows when your system gets corrupt. You can at least run a recovery disk :D.

yes i usually have the problem when installing windows oc'ed... if i dont set to stock speeds something usually gets muffed up...

but like you said returning it to stock and then installing then back to oc speeds it does just fine..

i think sometimes the stable test we run doesnt tell the whole story ...

but hey 22 hours is way longer than i leave it running for .. i dfont have the patience...

good luck

I had just gone through the pain of reformatting the day before when a repair would not work, so I know how it feels. I am now pretty certain i was my ram. TCCD is not known for being able to go all that high at CL2 and since I changed it to 2.5 it is running smooth. I am surprised that I was able to run Prime and Super Pi without a hitch. However, I had not run all three Prime tests and I was planning to, but I didn't see any urgency as I was lulled into a false sense of security. Now I will make sure I do all of my homework.:)

Back