• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EBay question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaZieL

Registered
Ok I bought a Lacoste long-sleeved polo shirt for a friend. I got the item a few days later, and compared it to the same exact shirt that I have. I've read about the many fakes that are circulating E-Bay, and I BELIEVE i have received a fake Lacoste polo. The cloth isn't the same, theres 3 buttons when there's only supposed to be 2. And according to this website http://www.geocities.com/neevakee/, I conclude that this shirt i bought through E-Bay is fake.

On the seller's EBay site, he says it is 100% AUTHENTIC. Do I have any grounds in this case for a return? He doesn't state of any return policy, and I paid through PayPal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8368155399&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Thanks

if its fake, email him and let him know, if he doesnt let you return it file a claim with paypal..dont let him take your $$!
you can file a claim now and if he refunds you can drop the claim

I would contact Lacoste and first verify if it indeed counterfeit or just a different style than the one you have, you know they make different styles and it may just be old stock.

I'd check before you insist it's a fake to the seller.

Another point. The photo of the shirt clearly shows three buttons, and the article is somewhat unclear on the two-three button standard for Lacoste. I realize its easy to fool people, but the seller does have good feedback(although for a brief period). SSS's suggestion is a good one, and could save you some later grief. If the company determines it a fake, you'll probably also have them on your side for a refund, as most quality companies severely frown on pirated versions.

i too recieved a fake lacoste shirt and i asked the seller after i got it and realized it was fake, he said that he just sells them for someone and doesn't know if they are fake or not.
in other words, yes they are and he knows it but doesn't want to get caught.

lilneel12 said:
i too recieved a fake lacoste shirt and i asked the seller after i got it and realized it was fake, he said that he just sells them for someone and doesn't know if they are fake or not.
in other words, yes they are and he knows it but doesn't want to get caught.
bastage! did you get your funds back? :)

that's why i buy real, i know my friend got one off ebay and it was very close to a real one, but in the end, it was fake.

-1cem4n

Back