• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Icons wont stay on the right screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuruga2

I just installed windows xp sp2 yesterday and got all the updates. (reformat, using same cd)

I'm running two monitors from two vido cards. x800 agp (left monitor) and 9250 pci (right monitor).
Bios is set to boot from agp
Windows first started from pci
After downloading the new ATI drivers I extended my desktop to the x800, dragged it to the left side in display properties then made it the primary.

Windows left the taskbar in the right hand monitor so I dragged it over to the right.
Now any new icon that is created is created on the right side (the one I want left empty) so I have to transfer it to the left. Any time I restart my comp all of the icons are put back on the right hand monitor.

How do I make windows leave my icons alone?

Right click on your desktop do the following hightlight

Arrange Icons By
Click Align To Grid

move your icons to where you want that should leave your Icons hopefully alone also make sure Auto Arrange it off.

That did it thanks.

I just dont understand why this is happening now. This is not the first time I've installed from this cd and it's the second install in the last 30 days.

Sometimes XP switches it's self back to automatic it's anoyying but it should stop it now if it happens just do the above again.

Glad it worked

Back