• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wtf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stavros

Since XP keeps freezing up, I decided to do reformat fresh install. Whilst copying files it freezes up. I don't hink this bodes well. What do you think I should do?

[Edit] It's frozen up while installing a different copy of XP before.

If only I had another PSU. I've ran Memtest multiple times (and passed), ran HDD tests (passed), I doubt it's the CPU. It might be the PSU although it is a Fortron Source AX-500A. Looks like I need to order another PSU, or at least more parts.

[Edit] Haven't overclocked yet. Everything is stock.

go into bios and look at the voltage thing and see if there around there correct places (.10-.25 over what it is supposed to be is ok just not below) and or up the v on ur cpu might be stablity
Mine ran fine for 2months then i had to up the voltage on it to run stable no oc. so try that first

i had a huge problem with my raptor... i couldnt install xp or anything i got a bsod, anyway i downloaded unltimate boot cd and formattd it from that (i have no bootdisc) the formatting took a good hour and 30minutes maybe longer to tell the truth but now i can use my raptor!

Oh i did try the drive as a slave and it would fail! If you have a temp sensor check your temps or check them in the bios at least

yes, check your temps. Had the same problem with a friends computer. In windows, it would lockup, couldnt figure it out, so I tried a reinstall, locked up during install. Turns out the CPU was overheating (90c!) cause the HSF was plugged with that dust gunk. Cleaned it, system worked fine, I wish I checked that before formating his computer.

Have you tried a different CD drive or at least a different IDE cable? just a quick thing you could eliminate.

cd drive or a ide cable wouldnt cause windows to lockup after booting up. Bad cd rom would just not work, or not even show up. IDE cables dont just go bad either. Still worth a try when all logical things are not at fault.

Oroka Sempai said:
cd drive or a ide cable wouldnt cause windows to lockup after booting up. Bad cd rom would just not work, or not even show up. IDE cables dont just go bad either. Still worth a try when all logical things are not at fault.

yeah I should read more carefully. I thought he only had lockups during install, not actually inside XP.

Back