• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

100% cpu cycles on limewire??!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

I recently reformatted my hdd and when I installed limewire I began having problems. Every second that limewire is the active program on my desktop I have 100% cpu usage indefinatly. I can use the program but it takes forever to do anything. ALL my other programs work fine including bearshare. Can someone tell me what causes this so I can fix it (I did a McAfee scan and no virus)thanks all who offer help!.

What version are you using the latest is 4.10.0 I've never come across this problem try to remove LimeWire clear anything to do with it in Program Files like it's Folder. And check to see if it has any reg entires using Regedit it usually has 2 entires under SOFTWARE 1) LimeWire and 2) Magnet >> Handlers >> LimeWire just delete the Magnet entry anyways.

Reinstall and see if that helps could be a faulty installation.

It's ok it would just replace them on a fresh install just sometimes you have to delete the reg entries but no big deal.

Back