• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP2 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

Well im just gonna edit this out since it seems the best thing to do.

Last edited:
I dont think you should be asking that question here.I quess the mods will decide but i would remove this or edit it if i was u.Thanks

RUN !! RUN VERY FAST FOR THE MODS WILL CATCH YOU !!

dont ask that stuff here !!

its all legal around here !! and im sure for what ever reason your nor valid you "should have a way to get re-activated. unless its an illegal install which non of us want anything to do with ...

shame on you !!

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

And people wonder why MS the big evil empire takes steps to avoid piracy and inconviences the rest of its real customers with software activation. I'm sorry but you should run a free OS of some kind, it's all you deserve.

Its not pirated calm down, lol. Its an old PC that the company i work for gave me and an install of windows xp pro volume license edition came with it, only problem was while i was installing it i realized they didnt give me a cd key for it. I asked them about it and they said they have already changed volume license keys and wouldnt give me one of the new ones, so in order to run the system i used a fake volume license key and figured if i can get a real one i can just change it later. I became aware of the validation process problems while trying to get sp2 so now im stuck without it. Off to best buy to get windows xp home for me then eh? Thanks for the input i guess, lol.

Order a free cd with sp2 on it. I ordered one when I had 56k and couldn't download the large update. The cd is free and mailed to your house and it doesn't check ur cd key.

The Windows Validation Tool can be disabled through IE. Its an Active X control. The ONLY reason I know of for disabling this is if you are having problems updating with your LEGAL copy of XP. Once disabled XP will allow you to do your updates. I seriously suggest you purchase your own private copy of XP as using the company's copy is more than likely not legal. In the future please be aware of how you ask questions like that. Some here will suspect you of piracy and the Mods may ban this thread or you for violation of forum rules.

Z

DeFessler said:
Order a free cd with sp2 on it. I ordered one when I had 56k and couldn't download the large update. The cd is free and mailed to your house and it doesn't check ur cd key.

How's that? SP2 is SP2 if you D/L it, or if MS puts it on a CD and ships it to you. It won't work with the pirated CD Key.

Still sounds like Helgaiden has a "funny" version of XP-Corporate. Not worth the hassle IMO.

Speaking of "Validation", you can not manually update Windows until you are "Validated" (which requires activation), but Automatic Updates WILL D/L updates w/o even being activated! I found this out when I accidentally turned on Automatic Updates on a fresh install. All the updates D/L'ed and installed before I ever had a chance to activate!

:cool:

Randy, i noticed that they download automatically as well. Well anyways, sorry for the wording but to avoid further confusion i just edited the beginning post. I am going get xp home soon since you guys are probably right about me using my company's xp installation.

Back