• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Repairing XPpro on RAID0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skab

Repairing XPpro on RAID1

Okay, running winXPpro with 2 sata drives in raid1.
I had a problem with some missing files in DirectX so I loaded my original back-up which I had stored on my C drive. I tried to go back far enough in restore first but could'nt get back to the repair point. According to diagnostics there's nothing wrong with the drive. :bang head
The back-up said it went thru but after that I could'nt boot, would get thru the windows splash screen and then the computer just restarted. I booted an XPpro disk and tried the fixboot, and fixmbr but still no luck :bang head . So I ran the repair option and changed to boot off my D drive, works fine seems to be setup from when I originaly set-up the computer :eh?: .
Two questions: First how do I get this to overwrite the other drive?
Second, is this how raid1 is supposed to work, this is not a duplicate of the first drive, programs are'nt here and all my favorites I had to move from the other drive

Last edited:
Back