• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows xp pro load error.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gambl3r

Registered
"An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverably. The
Registry could not read in,or write out, or flush, one of the files that
contain system's image of the Registry"

I get this when I try to boot the comp after its been turned off for serveral hours. I then go into safe mode and use a program called "RegScrubXP" after I run regscrub the comp will boot normally.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

If its only a few days old, reformat, and do a completely fresh install. I'd also suggest that you use the hard drive diagnostic before you do.

I have already done both of those, and the hard drive is brand new also.

What's the rest of the error message? Does it say either "Isass.exe - System Error (more info)", or "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile"?

What about when you click the "More info" button? Open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click any error message related to the error you're receiving (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Copy and paste (use the "Copy to Clipboard" button under the arrow butons in the Event Properties" window) a couple of the latest critical error messages exactly as they appear under the "Description" field, and post them in this thread.

Well I saw some red x's but no next was in red, is that what you are refering to?

Back