• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't install Windows 64bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeFessler

I was trying to install win64bit but everytime it get to Setup is starting windows my computer instantly resets. Can anyone help me?

I get to the part where it says installing devices and then a BSOD comes up. It happens at the same point every time. Is there some I have to set in order for it to work properly?

I only had the bare essentials installed on my rig before I installed x64 ( no s/card , nic card , etc ; even extra motherboard items turned off in bios ) and everything went fine.
BUT .... I originally had my Netgear WG311T wireless nic installed first time around , but that caused a lock-up (bsod) during the install at the same point as yours . I knew there was no dedicated x64 driver for my nic card and tried it anyway while installing x64 and it just would not work that way .

So thats when I did ONLY the bare minimum hardware needed to install x64 , and then all went smooth . I installed the wireless nic AFTER the os install (with a generic driver) and as is fine .

Try the install with minimum hardware and see if your ok .

Yeah, it sounds like a hardware compatibility issue. Run with the very least of components installed. Remember, there isnt a lot of 64bit driver support.

Back