• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recommend me a good FREE disk defrag proggy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

furiousfords89

i have been trying out diskeeper 9 for about 2 weeks and its been great, but the trial period is almost over :cry:

as the title says, can you guys recommend me some free disk defrag programs?
thanks

If you want free, you might be stuck with Windows Disk Defragmenter.

In all honesty, spend the loot for Diskeeper, there's just about nothing better out there.

My first suggestion to you is the same as stools. An investment in Diskeeper would be a sensible purchase =)

BUT, if you must have a free one, Diskeeper 7 is free, although it is obviously not as powerful or full featured as the retail Diskeeper 10 (or 9 in your case) is. Diskeeper 7 lacks the "set it and forget it" feature and also lacks boot time defragmentation (along with other features). It also comes up with a pop-up every so often letting you know how defragmented your drive is, but to be honest, it is not really that annoying.

Raven

stool said:
If you want free, you might be stuck with Windows Disk Defragmenter.

In all honesty, spend the loot for Diskeeper, there's just about nothing better out there.
O&O is better but I think more expensive :)

O&O Defrag is one of the best out there, people have different opinions try em' yourself.

Back