• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I get RAID drivers 'slipstreamed'??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
Im trying to figure out how to slipstream my VIA RAID 6410 drivers into my XP SP2 CD. I hate using a floppy to load them and will be remove the floppy drive anyway as I dont use it other than installing the RAID drivers. I have Googled it some but havent found anything that makes sense. I heard there is a very straight forward EASY way to do this but I havent found it. I read about editing certain files and stuff but I thought there was a way to just slip it in like you do the SVC Packs. I have SP2 already slipped in but I also need to include these RAID drivers.

Z

This is for nV mo boards. . I need a how to that will allow me to do that with an Asus with VIA6410 IDE RAID.

yeah just use n lite and substiute the drivers they are talking about for your own, i believe n lite is the common slipstreaming tool.

nLite worked on my P4C800-E Dlx (ICH5R) - and I'm about to see if it works with my P5WD2-Premium (ICH7R). The thing that confused me at first, is you STILL have to make the Floppy Boot Disk, and then point to the Floppy for the Drivers. nLite will pull them off the floppy, and add them as "Text Mode" drivers to the XP disc (keep the floppy in the drive until nLite has completed it's re-compiling). Hitting F6 at install time was no longer needed for my system, and the RAID Array was detected instantly :) ...

nLite is one of the coolest free programs IMO...

:cool:

nLite is THE BOMB !!! Thank you ALL!! worked like a dream and I now have a CD I can install XP and not need a floppy disk OR drive. The reason for all this was so I could remove the useless floppy drive and mod my case with a large QUIET fan where there once was a floppy. . WOOOO HOO !!!

Z

PS: nLite IS a must . . . AWESOME program and best of all its FREE :D

Back