• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hp Psc 950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zulfy26

Unable to install, varios error messages, one of which is this:

picture1.bmp

I go through the installation dialogs, select my printer, etc., then the installation fails on that last step. Does the same thing if I try to auto update the driver through the Device Manager.

"An error occurred during the installaion of the device

The data is invalid."

I'd rather not download the HP drivers, as they make me angry. And such. :bang head

OK, my mom has a similar printer, and any time that we have had to reinstall it we have problems. You do not want to hook the printer up untill the wizard tells you too, any sooner or any later and it messes up the whole installation. I have had to call HP to figure this out. You may have to do the same. Sorry man, HP printer installs are a pain in the rump.

OK, after looking at your screen shot, it doesnt look as if you are using the tutorial on the HP install cd. If you dont have that, dl it from HP's website.

Back