• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a program to backup a drive to cd's w/o making 1 file

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXenViRii

I need to backup all the files on my friends computer to cds , but i dont want to have them all stuffed into one " backup.bk1 " file or similar per cd ; he wants to pick through it for things he would wanna keep. The computer runs windows xp , does anything exsist to do this ?? help !

I personally cannot think of such a program that would backup files like that (unless the back-up utility in windows XP does that) so just in case there isn't a readily available program, you might just consider burning a data disk (for example from nero) and just add all the files from the computer and burn them. If your friend has a semi-organized computer, this shouldn't take too long, and you could burn files of your choice.

Another thought that just came to mind is that you could find a program similar to norton ghost or drive image I believe, and create an .iso file (image file) on your computer, and then with a program such as dvd decrypter (or an image burning program) burn the image. After the image is burnt, everything on your cd/dvd would look as there were many files, and not just one big image file.

In the mean time though, I would look into these options while you are waiting for more replies. You could also read through this Sticky to see if you can come across anything useful.

Raven

Back