• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

URGENT: WindowCD Won't Boot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

EDIT: I FIXED the problem below, but what happens now is that AFTER formatting and partially installing WindowsXP, the second half of the installation (after you reboot into Windows), will not work. It says "Disk Boot Error, Please Insert System Disk"....apparently it can't boot up WindowsXP?

All right, so I'm reformatting Windows, everything is doing fine, and I press soemthing wrong and the WindowsXP PRO CD starts formatting somthing (which I didn't exactly want, but sorta did), so I said what the hell, and pressed the RESET button on my computer. Everything is going well until it tells me it cannot read the CD (edited error messege) or something similar. So I freaked out, tried switching up IDE cables in case of bad cables, didn't help. This is really odd, I've never heard of this before, does anyone know how to fix this? I'm DESPERATE.

Last edited:
you didn't happen to leave a RAID drivers disk in your floppy drive did you?

Other than that check to make sure your BIOS is still set to boot from cd-rom.

EDIT: looks like I didn't look at your error close enough, seems it IS trying to access the CD but can't boot. That is definately odd.

I fixedthe problem, but what happens now is that AFTER formatting and partially installing WindowsXP, the second half of the installation (after you reboot into Windows), will not work. It says "Disk Boot Error, Please Insert System Disk"....apparently it can't boot up WindowsXP?

If you're pretty confident your winXP cd is good, have you tried checking your hard drive with a manufacturer utility for errors?

Checked HDD a week ago, and the CD is good, I can boot from the CD, but I can't get into Windows

Back