• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP Pro w/SP2 for $49.99?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only way any MS product can be downloaded legally is through the MS Devolopers Network (MSDN), meaning you would need to be a subscriber.

fraud.

how many people get the same serial # - u can never confirm that.

this is the same as those people who tell you

" buy software cheap! full legit versions" it is all BS.

Why would MS not let you do this then....

I am sure you get the full ISO of the software that some warez group ripped - but you will have an illegal version of the software.

I though it was bull, I have gotten email from them in the past, but it gets caught by my junk filter, so I dont see it for a while. Then when I checked the link, the site was gone.

So, I think they are doing it a bit, making a few sales, then dissappearing again.

::edit::

just got another email from them, new address http://abcoem.net

Last edited:
The only way to legally, and cheaply get MS software to download is through your school if they have some agreement with MS. I know that I was able to buy and download some software for very cheap that way and it was all legit. I think that they have stopped the download option though as the last time I checked you needed to pay a minimal amount for having an actual CD or DVD to you (something like $10 for anything that was on the list).

Why would you even consider providing your credit card information to someone that you're not sure about? There shouldn't even be a second thought... But if you wish to proceed, simply cut out the middleman and post your credit card and address information here. Someone will be sure to send you what you need. After all, we're good people.

- Wisdom

Where I live a so called computer store did the fraud thing with banks and school computers for millions of bucks.
P/S they got caught. Numbers on some peoples back just look good.

Yeah, big rule for me is 'if it seems too good to be true, it proably is too good to be true'.

Too bad, it really would have increased the profit margin on my system sales :shrug:

if you go to any legit software site they will outright tell you to never pay for microsoft software that is downloadable. I do know that for system builders and such you can get a pretty sweet volume discount through msdn. They send you discs though its not downloadable

Wisdom said:
Why would you even consider providing your credit card information to someone that you're not sure about? There shouldn't even be a second thought... But if you wish to proceed, simply cut out the middleman and post your credit card and address information here. Someone will be sure to send you what you need. After all, we're good people.

- Wisdom

The same people who give people all of their PayPal info in fraud emails, or in fraud bank emails and repsond with everything you need to know!

Oroka Sempai said:
What? That Nigerian prince promising me 30% of his fortune if I send him $5000 is not true? I was going to help him out too :rolleyes:

He offered me $1,000,000 if i held his $10,000,000 while he moved country !

ErikD said:
The only way to legally, and cheaply get MS software to download is through your school if they have some agreement with MS. I know that I was able to buy and download some software for very cheap that way and it was all legit. I think that they have stopped the download option though as the last time I checked you needed to pay a minimal amount for having an actual CD or DVD to you (something like $10 for anything that was on the list).

In my MSDNAA, you can download XP, XP SP1, but SP2 you have to order by CD. comes with both 64 bit and 32 bit though which is nice.

ps2cho said:
He offered me $1,000,000 if i held his $10,000,000 while he moved country !

Those generous Nigerians. I knwo that I sold my broken laptop twice, and many times i got emails from them offering me up to 10,000 dollars plus 500 shipping. It was for their son! So i asked them to cut me cheque. Still waiting on it... :)

Back