• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I buy Ipod replacement parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corpsejockey

N00b squad Member
I can not seem to find replacement parts for a 2nd gen ipod mini - not even on ebay. I am looking for the ribbon cable from the scroll wheel to the main board. Anyone have any ideas?

They do not have the part I need. I do not plan on sending out for repair. I hate the idea of paying someone else $50-$100 for someone else to install a $15 (max)part. Closest thing I have found so far is the whole click wheel assembly fo $50.

You can search ebay. They have a lot of new and used replacement parts. I have bought some in the past.

You're gonna have to buy the whole click wheel assembly. I just had to fix my sisters click wheel last week because the solder joints came loose on the connector to the ribben cable. Check ebay it'll cost you around 30 dollars.

I found the whole click wheel assembly on ebay for $38 shipped on ebay, but they are all untested/as is auctions. I contacted a few of the online parts dealers to see if they will sell just the ribbon cable, but I doubt it. I'll probably have to buy the whole darn thing.
Thanks

Back