• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PcANywhere

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chris6104

Registered
Okay so how do I get this to work over the internet?
I can get this to work just fine in the home or office on the same LAN. I need to control an offsite computer over the internet either to transfer files or trouble shoot.
I've opened the router ports 5631TCP and 5632UDP. I don't know how to direct it to work over the net. This can be done right? I only know the basics to get by on the internet. So I just need a little in-site into if PcAnywhere works this way by itself or do I need something else to set this up? If it can do this can someone that knows help me out a little with set up. Like how do I find the offsite LAN? :bang head

Where is the free version? I only see a free trial.
I've seen other online Remote access programs like that but it's a monthly service fee.

After searching here and some other forums I found the answer I needed. I needed the WAN IP address. Going to plug in my work IP address tonight at home and give it a go ... should work now :)

Okay I see the free one but notice one more issue. It says remote only. So that means I cannot transfer files correct? I need to be able to control the computer and transfer files.
I have PcAnywhere working now guess we'll find out if I have a static IP or not. If not I may end up having to pay for a service.

I wrote this up a couple of days ago. It sounds like what you want. I added a section half-way down for a solution to dynamic IPs.

There is also a module for ultravnc that you can use to initiate remote sessions on other machines, for remote assistance and the like. I didn't write up about that part but I have experience with it, if you're interested in that half of it.

-A

Thanks AGampher that works.
Looks like I don't have a static IP. Seems to change once a week or so. I set up a host at No-IP works like it should and no IP hassles :p

Back