• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games wont run.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
specs are in sig, xp pro sp2/ dx9c lastest drivers.

anyways i installed bf2 from image backedup, tryed it, it worked ok, installed sf2 from images, didnt work, removed, instaled from disc. still didnt work, so i thought w.e,

installed the sims 2 from disc, tryed it didnt work, i i thoguht w.e once agian sometimes that happens, i tryed installing the eps for the sims 2 from image and nothing works.

usually i do a fresh install of windows "which this is" and all games will instal lfrom images np. this time i dont everything hte exact same and nothing works. anyone know what the problem oculd be ? i ve tryed the original disc and they ujst dont run, but i got a no-cd for bf2 and it worked, so its someting with the dvd drive its self ? but how if it lets me install them ?

When you say the install "didn't work", what happened exactly during the install? Have you checked the Event Viewer logs for any errors related to the attempted installs? Are there any errors related to the drive(s) you tried installing the games from?

o hthe installs work,s they games just plain wont run, it'll show the splash screen then it'll go away and thats it, in the process viewer the games exe will show up for a few secs, then it'll go away and thats it.

and no errors related to the drivers or anything at all "checked the event viewer".

Have you got a shortcut to the game's executables on your desktop, or are you running the *.exe directly from the game's Program Files folder? What you could try is downloading and running the EXE File Association Fix from Doug Knox's site here...

http://www.dougknox.com/

... and click on the "Win XP Fixes" link in the LH column --> "File Association Fixes" link --> "EXE File Association Fix" link.

thanks ill give that a try, i tryed both the exe and the shortcut.

ok i got bf2sf working, for some reason, i have no clue why safedisc wasnt letting me play then, ichanged some settings in the bios before for that drive but i shouldnt have done anything right ? if its the original disc which they were then it should jkust work, but i had to install something to get it working :)

Back