• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woo hoo! I'm water cooled now!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Powered

After installing my 7800 GTX and watching the temperature on both the CPU and the Card go sky high, I decided enough is enough - I'm going H20.

Best decision ever made, well instead of spending numerous hours on this board researching about water cooling, I just went to Fry's and picked up the most expensive product they have.

In my case, it is the Zalman Reserator 1

I bought the VGA water block because that was the main reason why I went to H20, but the screws didn't fit my card.. so I had to put the damn thing together again :bang head

Anyways, the temps at full load is 41C - and 29-30 at Idle.

BIG improvement from 48C Idle, and 58-60C full load.

I guess next step for me is bumping the FSB up a little higher - now that heat isn't a problem :)

Btw, I fixed the bad benchmark scores in Aquamark3; turns out "Windows automatic update" was bogging my system down. Turn that puppy off, and I'm almost at 90k on Aquamark3 :)

Anyone know what Waterblock to buy for my VGA card?

M Powered said:
Anyone know what Waterblock to buy for my VGA card?

I've had good success with the MCW55. There's also the Maze4 and Low Profile Maze 4 for tightly spaced SLI situations. Frankly, I like the design of the MCW55 block's innards better than the antiquated Maze 4, but that's just my opinion.

MoreGooder said:
I've had good success with the MCW55. There's also the Maze4 and Low Profile Maze 4 for tightly spaced SLI situations. Frankly, I like the design of the MCW55 block's innards better than the antiquated Maze 4, but that's just my opinion.

Space is not an issue, however I would like one way directional flow of water. Lots of recommendations for the Danger Den, but that will add a lot of turns in the hoses inside my system.

Any link for purchase?

The MCW55 is sold in a number of places. I believe I bought mine from CrazyPC.com. Google for Swiftech MCW55 and you'll see a number of places sell it. I didn't see any price differential, but with with CrazyPC because their shipping for my overall order was less. YRMV.

Back