• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding a Kingwin AS-3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicklgs

Hey,

I have a Kingwin AS-3000 water cooling kit and i just like messing with things i don't like getting into big projects so i just wanted to change up the fan that's in the front and take half the casing and make it see threw. Pics below.

Here's what i will be modding
PICT0001.jpg

This is the blue fan i will be replacing.
PICT0003.jpg

The part that is messing will be replaced with plexiglass.
PICT0007.jpg
PICT0006.jpg PICT0009.jpg

My res is cracked!!!! kinda hard to see, the crack start at the fill and goes up to the top right.
PICT0010.jpg
ff8c4617.jpg

Dang,

I had the kingwin awc-1 and my res cracked too! When my res cracked it thankfully dripped towards the front because I had in mounted in a non ATX case. Those things are junk. My suggestion would be to scuff up the are with some sandpaper and putting some clear epoxy to the area to seal it. I am just letting you know though, everytime you put that screw back in, the crack might grow outwards.

I believe there are places that sell the unit by itself, but I would not bother honestly. Though I would try contacting Kingwin about the issue. They will tell you to send the old pump in and they should give you a new one. i would have done this but mine was modded like crazy.

Good Luck,
Bryan D

Ya they are junk but its my first water cooling kit :( i only had $110 to spend for cooling so i got this but ill end up getting a new one in a month or so.. but here how it turned out not to bad i can remove the top if i want to let more air in or out, I went out and came back to find my fan broken on the floor!! so i couldn't change over the fan colors :(. Pics Below.

d23f1331.jpg
f602823b.jpg

Glad it sorta worked out for ya!

Bryan d

PS - Check out this custom RES that I made for the Kingwin/Evercool pump:
000_0875.jpg

I was so p155ed that I killed it.

lol nice res. the pump in my kingwin arctic cooler died as well. i butchered the whole thing, bought a DD Mag 12 pump, a new 5.25 bay res, and remounted everything to my standards. the whole system is workin pretty well and keeps my newark at 33c at load, along with my 6600gt at around 37c load.

Back