• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just wanted to check loop before I finish

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

ok, so today i put in my watercooling setup and i just wanted to check the loop to see if this is the best way to put things. here is a list of my parts:

77 b'ville heatercore
mcw6002
eheim 1250
res

so far the loop goes:

res>hc>waterblock>pump>res

the pump is basically sucking water from the res to hc to waterblock since i thought this would be the best way to maximize cooling. is this setup ok or should i go pump>hc>cpu>res>pump like most people? thanks.

i pretty much have mine setup exactly like that
except i have a t-line instead of a rez

your good to go!
lets see some pix of the loop :D

d94 said:
i pretty much have mine setup exactly like that
except i have a t-line instead of a rez

your good to go!
lets see some pix of the loop :D

Same here. I get good temps and I have had no problems. Good luck!

i still have to mount the fans in my shroud, but after that ill try to take some picks. dont expect anything good though because i definetly cant fit the whole thing in my case. hopefully i can get this up and running by today since i spent all of yesterday designing a mount for my socket.

The order of components does not make much of a difference to the tune of only about .5c. Ideally, you would have res/pump/rad/blocks/res so that the coolest water hits the blocks. But it is better to have the simplest tubing routing possible than to worry about what goes after what.

Back