• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd Keyboard Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ErikD

I just finished installing Windows XP on an older laptop that I had been running Linux on. I decided that since I sometimes would be better off with Windows, but still wanted Linux I would dual boot it. No big deal. I got everything installed and running just fine. I installed all of the updates and SP2 for Windows, and then joined it to my domain. So far no problems.

Now here is where it gets wierd. I can logon to my domain with no problem, but the keyboard is acting screwy. When I use one of the keys that is also a function key when holding the Fn button (Dell laptop) I am getting second function of the key. When I press it while holding down the Fn button I get the normal character. To make things even more odd this doesn't happen when I logon using a local account.

Any ideas?

Back