• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noob watercooler here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

i decided I HAVE to watercool lol .. im tired of air cooling .. and i cant believe i have never done this before ..

my system components are in my sig.

for hardware im thinking this ..

dd tdx cpu block
2x maze 4 gpu blocks with ocz copper mem sinks

im not sure on the radiator or pump .. im gonna run a t line with the dd fillport ..

which do you guys recommend ..

right now i have a stacker 810 not the one with 2 psu spots ..
and my psu is 9 inches long before cables and its on the bottom of the case ..

i was thinking of ditching it and going back to a 510 asl so i can save room
and its prolly a better idea to get the regular stacker ..

would a bix 2 be enough to cool ? i dont think i could fit a 3x120mm rad .. no space for my 3 hds

The 2x120 rad would give you the most options in reguards of positioning the rad in the case. I use a MCP665 AKA D5 and a BIX2 with 2 sanyo denkis at 7v and I get good temps. I think the BIX2 would cool your opteron just fine if it cools my OC'ed P4 just fine with fans undervolted. The BIX2 rad is a good choice if you don't want to DIY with a heatercore/ buy a pre-modded HC. If you have more money I hear good things about the thermochill rads, but I don't think it is necessary to spend that much.

besides cooling the opteron .. i will be doing dual 7800 512mb gtxs
or do u think its better to do just a cpu for beginners

im gonna post a pic shortly of my case and see if u guys think i can fit all this in it with this psu .. or should i sell this psu and get the normal sized ones ?

if you are going for the tdx block i think DD still has a D5 pump and tdx combo for like 108. So far you picked out some nice components, why not use the Storm block instead? BIX II would be fine also, just make sure you have 120s with a good pressure ratings like the Sanyo Denki fans.

on a side note, ive read all about these sanyo denki fans, but is there a online store that sells them? i haven't found a source.

is the d5 pump enough ? and the bix2 is enough for the opteron and the 512mb gtx sli ??

madhatR said:
is the d5 pump enough ? and the bix2 is enough for the opteron and the 512mb gtx sli ??

d5 is one of the best pumps on the market, and i think the bix2 will do just fine, just make sure you get some good fans to go with it.

maxxpehling said:
you could run dual rads, that would be sexy

that would be a waste of money, seeing that there is almost no benefit and it would just create more restriction in a loop.

i would also think about the storm as the guy mentioned above. They are better than the TDX, imo.

the storm is better then the tdx ? link ?

i dont want really loud fans though ..

it says though the tiny wells could get clogged pretty easily ?

is it also worth like 30 dollars over the tdx

It is getting harder and harder to find the storm. Not to mention they have raised the price since the release of the apogee. I would not suggest the apogee unless you are willing to have a possible RMA on your hands. Some people such as myself and d94 get apogees and have NO problems where as others seem to get lemons and have to return them immediately.

As Aidenswarrior said the D5 pump is one of, if not, the best 12v pump on the market. I also agree with the fact that the BIX2 should suffice given your systems specs.

cpu block - storm
gpu blocks - silverprop fusion HLs w/ ocz ramsinks
pump - dd5
radiator - black ice extreme II

i think im gonna have a real hard time fitting everything in this stacker 810 ..

im gonna post a pic of the case in a minute ..

here is a pic of what my case looks like now
i dont think i have room for water .. let me know what you guys think

DSC00668.JPG

?? Why would you not have room for water?

The 12v pumps are small and you have dual 120mm in the rear from what it looks that could probably fit your proposed BIX2. 7/16" tubing bends very nicely too for those tight fits.

Take a picture of you whole case.

Bryan d

that is my whole case .. it just doesnt seem like ill have room .. that has always been my problem ..

the dual 120s in the back wont fit the bix 2 .. cuz the top and bottom parts below and above the fan will either hit the video card or the top of the case ..

the case is a cm stacker ..

I love my stacker but mine is the old style and even with 2 psu's and a radiator I still have plenty of room. Are you sure a rad box will not allow you to mount your heatercore or BIXII on the back of the case. I think you could get it to work. I'd also have to recommend the storm over the TDX, I paid $80 for mine when it first came out and I'm very satisfied with it. I get great temps, my cpu and gpu never go above 39ºc under load.

Also if your cramped for space you could get an MCP350 and modify it. There is a link to the mod in the monthly round up sticky, it's very easy to do and well worth the effort.

Back