• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FedEX express saver at newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pie-rate

What happened to FedEX Express Saver at newegg? They've switched to UPS 3 day ground, which sucks, sends stuff to the wrong cities and takes ages.

Also why does it add $5 to my shipping to add a 120mm fan to my order? WTF?

Sorry man, has no one told you the bad news?

Newegg has been changing for the worse, there are several threads that are prettly long regarding this issue. So if you have time search the forums, sit back, and get ready to read ALOT of complaints regarding this.

because that fan has $5 shipping. They dont give you a discount when adding multiple items anymore. So, the more you add, the higher shipping costs. I think Newegg is going down the drain really fast. I loved their free/cheap Saver Shipping, but since the switch to UPS, they have been going down hill.

And be warned, there will most likely be a couple UPS employees jump in here....lol They always show up.

Yep, the UPS response has been, "we're cheaper, but we break more boxes, so ship with us."

Newegg has the attitude, "our prices are lower, even though your stuff may be in pieces."

Sadly, I got a $50 GC for a Christmas present, but don't think I'll be spending it.

steve

I can't say I'm a fan of UPS over FedEX, but the price is indeed a good deal cheaper on most stuff. I even got an Antec Case (shipped "single boxed" in its factory box) shipped via UPS, and it arrived in perfect shape (I was kind of suprised TBH ;) ).

I'll totally agree on the B.S. $5 shipping on small stuff like Cables and Fans. No quanity discount on shipping (if you do see one, it is rare, and not discounted much at all)? That is 110% crap-ola. Does it REALLY take $20 of shipping and handling to box 4x 80mm fans? That totally blows (pun intended).

NewEgg representatives - PLEASE re-structure your outrageous shipping fees on stuff like this, and allow quanity shipping discounts for small items that will ship in THE SAME BOX!!! It REALLY makes you look like you are profiting from shipping charges when you spend $3.99 x 4 = $15.96 on 4 fans, but end up paying $19.96 on shipping for ONE small box. Not "The Right Thing To Do" to your valued customers :( . We won't put up with it forever, you know.

Respectfully, Randyman...

:cool:

Dang, I just ordered 99% of my computer parts from Newegg. UPS better not just leave it laying around before I get home!

To the best of my knowledge, they won't leave high priced items at your doorstep. I spoke to a few UPS drivers and they explicitly told me that if they notice what the item is, and it is expensive, they won't leave it. If it's small or fairly generic, they will leave it, but in a somewhat out of sight place near the front door. I am lucky that I have a front porch and I've told them to leave the packages inside the porch at all times. I do miss the FedEx super saver shipping though. It was so much nicer.

i wouldnt say that newegg is going down the tubes but it is a blow that the shipping thing has been going on..........

newegg still ownz especially when it comes to reliability........

Lance Thornton said:
To the best of my knowledge, they won't leave high priced items at your doorstep. I spoke to a few UPS drivers and they explicitly told me that if they notice what the item is, and it is expensive, they won't leave it. If it's small or fairly generic, they will leave it, but in a somewhat out of sight place near the front door. I am lucky that I have a front porch and I've told them to leave the packages inside the porch at all times. I do miss the FedEx super saver shipping though. It was so much nicer.

I had a video card some ram and a couple misc parts left on my door step by ups that wasnt there when i got home.... i was :bang head two months latter they finaly send a check to the place i bought the items from for replacement...TWO MONTHS... i shop zzf now

ups left a package in the middle of my garage door, i almost ran over it when backing out my car. I was home and there was not even an attempt made to ring my door bell

that reminds me, my last order from them was apparently delivered the 23rd of december...i still havnt seen it.

$4 cable with $6 shipping, iirc.

Guys, we can all put most of this stuff into one of the "UPS Sucks" threads. The real problem remains Newegg's obvious attempts to ignore what is going on with shipping. As far as I can see, there is absolutely no reason in the world that Newegg, with their high shipping volumes, can't negotiate with Fedex and get a better rate, and at least have the option for Fedex at an affordable level.

stool said:
Guys, we can all put most of this stuff into one of the "UPS Sucks" threads. The real problem remains Newegg's obvious attempts to ignore what is going on with shipping. As far as I can see, there is absolutely no reason in the world that Newegg, with their high shipping volumes, can't negotiate with Fedex and get a better rate, and at least have the option for Fedex at an affordable level.

From what I hear, that's precisely the problem :)

I found this funny.

UPS delivered my heatsink and fans the other day and as always decided to leave my package on the porch after waiting all of 5 seconds for me to answer the door, before deciding I wasn't home. I caught the guy putting my rubber doormat over the box. He said he "wanted to keep it warm." lol

DsN said:
I found this funny.

UPS delivered my heatsink and fans the other day and as always decided to leave my package on the porch after waiting all of 5 seconds for me to answer the door, before deciding I wasn't home. I caught the guy putting my rubber doormat over the box. He said he "wanted to keep it warm." lol
That'd be real slick if you ended up stepping on the package and breaking your fans.

BTW, Tankguys, do you mean because of, or in spite if?

Back