• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Install 2nd-half of Windows! Disk Boot Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

Well, I can't get Windows XP Pro installed anymore, it goes through the first half of the install off the CD, and it says the comp will restart for 2nd half, and it gets to booting the HDD, and it gives me something like Disk Boot Error/Failure. This is ridiculous

I tried installing on two different HDDs, anyone know what I should do next?

are you using to disks? i had a problem with it asking for the 2cnd disk when in reality it used the first disk again. :rolleyes:

Are you leaving the installation disk in the drive after boot? Try a low-level format on the drive first. It might also be a bad drive connector/cable.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Are you leaving the installation disk in the drive after boot? Try a low-level format on the drive first. It might also be a bad drive connector/cable.

How do I do a low-level format? I always thought that windows deleting a partition and formatting it is low as it goes, is there lower? Yes I leave the disk in

Back