• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ripping just ONE section from a DVD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Chambers

What program could I rip a specific section of a DVD out of? My college's variety show is put on DVD each year, and my director needs to send only my swing choirs' performances to Disney for screening. I did this with last year's show, but for the life of me I can't remember how or what I used :bang head

I ripped the DVD to my HD, and in DVD Shrink it just has 1 huge chapter which contains the whole concert... Any ideas?

Do you have a dvd moviemaker like Nero or Pinnacle or Adobe Premier ect?
Open in that, delete everything you don't want and burn it to a DVD.

DVD Shrink (ver 3.2) if you go to the re-author tab there's a button that will let you set the starting/stopping frames..

It's pretty easy...here's a simple walkthrough...
1. I'm assuming it's not copy-protected, but if it is, grab AnyDVD
2. Grab DVD Decrypter, install it, and run it with the aforementioned DVD in the drive.
3. Once running, select click Mode in the toolbar of DVD Decrypter and select "IFO"
4. With this mode running, you will see multiple VTS_XX selections. Expand them to find the correct "chapter", so to speak. (technically speaking, these are the PGC markers, but I digress...)
5. With the "chapter" you want to rip highlighted, click the "DVD > Hard Drive" icon and it will rip it to the designated folder.

Good Luck :)

Back