• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Third Water Cooling Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bryan_d

Hello all,

Well I finally finished my new and pretty expensive watercooling kit today. Compared to the custom loop I made in the first rig, this build was as easy as pie (the ones you just buy!)

One of the most important things I learned with this build was that having nice tubing really pays off. The masterkleer 7/16" was sooooooo easy to work compared to the masterkleer 5/8" ID tubing I used in the first build.

The second important thing I learned that having a resevoir makes filling the loop like sleeping... no effort at all! I was stupid enough to make a complete closed loop in the first build (meaning NO RES or even a T-Line) and boy was filling and bleeding that thing a complete pain! The Resevoir was custom made and only cost me about 3 bucks! I was going to get the Micro Res from Swiftech but everyone was sold out. This resevoir was better though because it fit my loop orientation perfectly and it held more water.

Temperatures are kick arse! The components look very pleasing to the eye.
DSCN1077.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Bryan D

Looks sweet. I'd like to see more pics in the area of the res and pump config.
More pics altogether, 1 just dont cut it. :cool:

I like what you did with that res, similar idea to how I had my first wc setup.
The rad mount looks clean as well.

Temps are not too accurate.

25C CPU/ 35C GPU @ IDLE
28C CPU/ 40C GPU @LOAD

The RAD outside is not noisy. The fans I have are total craptastic. I do not know the DBA ratings but the majority of the noise is from motor tick. The air moving through the RAD is not noisy at all, the hard drive makes more noise.

Thanks for all the responses,
Bryan D

Back