• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7/16+d4=no worky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huey

I am trying to get 7/16ths to fit on my d4pump, the only problem is even after boiling the tubing, I still can not get it to fit. I am wondering if i should grind the pump down, but I would rather not do that. I was wondering what kind of suggestions this forum had to offer. I will be posting finished pics.

I also was wondering what methods that do not involve cutting the case work for a stacker? I do not want to make cuts into a case i just spent 200 on. Btw its a BIXII

i usually stick something into the tubing to stretch it out, i have a funnel, closed scissors, whatever. it really shouldn't be too hard

I have no idea what size fittings are on the D4, but if its close to making it sometimes I take a razor and cut a 45o chamfer on the inside of the tubing to help it go on. A very small chamfer now, maybe 1/16 inch, and be VERY careful using a razorblade.

Be carefull cutting the tubing or your fingers lol. . .k. I will have to try that, but i cant seem to stretch my masterkleer out enough to get it to go on.

push the tubing on from an angle - come at it at maybe a 60º angle, push really hard and then move the tubing straight as you push really hard - then when the other side of the tube begins to crown bend it further to that side as you keep pushing, and it should eventually slide over the large barbed end of the D4 housing

also try licking the barb (yes licking) or atleast wetting it plus the inside of the tubing with a bit of warm water to help it slide on

I do not know the diameter of the D4 but the D5 was also very hard to put 7/16" tubing on as well. I had to boil it, added a little DAWN and really work it on the barb.

The technique I used was not to slide the bard directly but instead force it on at one side of the barb first, then pushing hard side to side to slide the tube down.

Good luck,
Bryan d

I'm using 7/16" tubing on both my D4s. All I did was heat the tubing and put some liquid soap around the D4 barbs. After that it took some force not alot and it went right on.

7/16ID 5/8OD dipped in microwaved water for a few seconds went right on my D4. Gotta put some muscle into it.

Imagine you're trying to lever a tyre onto a rim. Don't need to heat the tubing etc. Softer it is more it collapses on itself as you push on it. Room temperature, with a few suitable items for prising it over with. Done.

I will have to try boiling plus soap, soap seems to be the factor that is needed. I boiled before, and could not get it.

Also any suggestions on the stacker anyone? Im thinking about ziptieing it.

Thats odd. It should fit even without boiling, if its true 1/2"

I got it on my Iwaki MD20's 5/8" by boiling and this trick:

Take a Paperclip and poke it true the tip of the tubing. Do this with 2-3 paper clips at different areas of it. THen Place the tubing half on the Barb and pull the paperclip to shove the other half on it. It shold come on much easier this way. (then remove the clips)

huey said:
I also was wondering what methods that do not involve cutting the case work for a stacker? I do not want to make cuts into a case i just spent 200 on. Btw its a BIXII
Your rad will fit either over the floor vent (remove the stock grill and use spacers to raise it about 1/2" off the floor) or in the front bay area.

Back