• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copperhead Razer driver...doesn't uninstall completely

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoreGooder

I recently had problems with my Razer Copperhead mouse and decided to uninstall the drivers. Well...... the uninstall program didn't really do it's job. It left an entry in the registry such that at startup, Windows tried to call razerhid.exe, even though the program no longer existed on the hard drive. As you might guess, windows took FOREVER to startup.

To solve this, BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY, then run Regedit and search for razerhid. Delete all registry keys that regedit finds (F3 to find the next one, delete, F3, delete...).

To verify that this is the problem to begin with, you can use MSConfig, then click over on the Startup tab. Before cleaning up the registry you'll see the call for razerhid.exe. Afterwards.... ITS GONE! WOOT. Windows will then startup much quicker.

Hope this helps others.

Nope, I just cleaned it outa the registry. Now I have it installed again and it's working fine. It's a great mouse, and I"m glad I got it working finally.

Back