• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help looking for a fitting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thegreek

Does anyone know where I can find a fitting like this but in a 45 degree elbow? Also brass or nickel plated is preferred.

ex-tub-83.jpg

I wasn't able to find what your're looking for at any ACE, HD or Lowes for miles, of any material at all.
Have you tried McMaster?

Yep, mcmaster has exactly what you need on page 223 of their (online) catalog.

or for example P/N 53525K49. They are brass, and NOT too cheap.

Albigger said:
Yep, mcmaster has exactly what you need on page 223 of their (online) catalog.

or for example P/N 53525K49. They are brass, and NOT too cheap.
You're the man... I was looking on McMaster but not in the right section (it's such a big catalog).

Thanks again guys. :)

sorry, one more question... which of these 2 would fit on a radiator?

Hose ID - Pipe Size NPTF

1/2" - 1/4"

1/2" - 3/8"

The part I am talking about is the side that screws into the rad. Should I go with the 1/4 or 3/8?

I actually went though something like this not too long ago. Here's what I did.
Went to the hardware stores. Didn't find it there. One of the plumbing guys pointed me towards a plumbing specialty shop. They didn't have it there, but one of the workers there pointed me to a Hydraulic shop called the "hydraulic house". I suggest you try to find a place like this. A shop that deals with pneumatic type stuff and cars will most likely have ANY fitting you will ever need. Just remember that the metal you find it in will most likely not be the metal that you're using in the rest of your loop so make sure you put in some extra anti-freeze. Unless you already have enough....

Back