• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue PC ICE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

my054runner

I was looking around to see if PC ICE should be dilluted even though it says not too and I came across a link about the color seperating from the liquid and cloggin loops. This wouldn't bee too good especially since I have a storm. Has anyone had a similar experience? I only ordered it because I didn't like the green stuff from Swiftech but if thats the case, I might just stick to what I know works.

From what I've read in reviews and experienced through my own use, Primochill PC Ice seems to be a quality product that works as advertised. For the money I think it's the best priced non conductive coolant available, and it delivers good performance (fairly close to straight distilled water).
So far in my own setups I have not seen any evidence of this "seperation" occuring and I'm hoping that they would not make such an oversight when developing this product. My STORM and Neptune waterblocks seem to none the worse for the use of this coolant. I'll keep an eye on it now that it's been mentioned however... :shrug:

I'll see what happens when I actually get the stuff. It it turns out bad I guess I'll have to stick witht the green.

I have some of it too, waiting to finish my case before I use it. If you get your WCing setup going before I do let me know how it works out for you.

Coolant1.JPG

I only order on which hopefully is enough for my loop. I am conteplating ordering a second though.

if you didnt want color, why didnt you just used distilled water with a little antifreeze and some iodine? 90% distilled 10% antifreeze and like 2 drops of iodine. cost about $11 for everything and there is no color unless you get heavily colored antifreeze.

THere's a review that shows this stuff is actually slightly conductive. BEcareful with this stuff.

I was just redoing my water loop and some of it spilled on my fan controller. Needless to say the fan controller was acting all crazy. I think this stuff is definitely conductive :bang head .

I would definitley think that onces it starts coming into contact with metal, it will become conductive. I don't need color either, it was just such an eyesore that when I opened my case, everything was green but the color does help to see the air in the system. I think I'll just stick with the swiftech stuff.

I tested the stuff for capacitance prior to introducing it to my loop, and it was not conductive at all. Of course once any contaminants are added it will slowly become more conductive, though it is alledged to resist this degradation more effectively than plain distilled water. :shrug:

fuzzba11 said:
Three bottles! I only needed one for my loop...I think it's pretty good stuff, the green glows really bright.

I will probably only need one and a half maybe two tops. Nice to have a little extra on hand just in case.

Have you gotten any of your stuff in yet. The little woman at home called to let me know that I got 1 box in but I think its just the cold cathodes.

If you're looking for Blue as a color for your liquid, why not use Blue anti-freeze? Audi and VW dealerships sell it, and you can find it online too. Just google for Blue Antifreeze.

Back