• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows startup problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kylebussen

My problem is really simple but it drives me insane. I downloaded a program to change my desktop theme. Well it also changes my log in screen as well. Now when I start up my computer it asks me which operating system to start with. One says windows xp and the other says the same only it says (boot login screen) which is the stupid theme I downloaded. I just want it to start up normally without asking me this everytime I restart my computer. I know its not hurting anything but I hate picking it everytime. I used to know how to get it off of there but it has been sometime since I did it last. Thanks.

Haven't done this for a while, but I believe that you can edit your boot.ini file to reflect how you want it to boot. Make sure you back it up first, in case of accident.

Back