• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Ok, im getting really tired of this fan on my 6800 Ultra. Im wanting to do some sort of watercooling on it, but the $125 price tag on DD's new waterblock is sorta making me leery, and I kinda sorta killed my 6800 GT when I tried to put on a Maze4 (Though I swear I did everything right, I never saw a scratch get made on it anywhere). Anyways, does anybody else have a recommendation on what I should do?

I would get the Stasis block, that way if you get a 7800 you can still have watercooling! I have a DD block that I got second hand for about $70, it's sweet but now I don't want to upgrade my waterblock when I upgrade GPUs.

Midnight Dream said:
Ok, im getting really tired of this fan on my 6800 Ultra. Im wanting to do some sort of watercooling on it, but the $125 price tag on DD's new waterblock is sorta making me leery, and I kinda sorta killed my 6800 GT when I tried to put on a Maze4 (Though I swear I did everything right, I never saw a scratch get made on it anywhere). Anyways, does anybody else have a recommendation on what I should do?
Swifteck MCW55. The DD NV-68's are almost impossible to get a good mount with. I've got a pair of 6800GT's oc'd to 448/1190 that run at 38C under load.

im not sure what kind of problem you had regarding installation of a maze 4, but i would say stick to that as that should be the easiest to install compared to those full size blocks like the NV-68's. Buy some OCZ copper ramsinks and you're all set.

I also recommend the DD Maze 4. The temperature drops on my 7800 were incredible. Get the OCZ ramsinks as well and call it a day.

Dom

Back