• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diskeeper[R] Lite 9.0 (Build 528) for FREE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cytomax

As far as i know this is the only FREE defragmenting program that isnt the built in one from Microsoft. You just download it here http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/software/idu/ and its 88.9 megs and then you extract it and click on the 3rdparty folder and its there. I know this forum has a sticky with links for free programs and was hoping someone could add it there. I was hoping if there was someone that could tell me what the difference was between this free lite version and the basic version that you pay for.

Click on the link that says
Full Version - Intel Desktop Utilities v2.1.9.66 [EXE 88.9 MB]

Official Diskeeper Website is
http://www.diskeeper.com/defrag.asp

Eddie

Last edited:
You posted this in the wrong section, but THANKS, that IS big news, I'm sure many many people here will be happy, try posting this in the General Hardware section, or PM a mod to move it.

EDIT: where do I click? I didn't see anything on Diskeeper 9 Lite...

You click on
Full Version - Intel Desktop Utilities v2.1.9.66 [EXE 88.9 MB]

if you did download the intel package. There is a folder with diskeeper in it and you can install it from there. I am an AMD board and im using it right now.

Great find! :thup: Thanks a bunch for posting this. I wonder if I have to download all of those utilities or if I can just get Diskeeper. Oh well, I shall find out real soon. :cool: :thup:

PS, I will see if I can get this moved to the software section.

EDIT: From the looks of it, it seems you do have to download the entire utilities package, that is ok, I can just trash the rest. I am sure it would probably be a violation of something to just take Diskeeper Lite out of the package and distribute it.

Moved! :)

/me hopes it works... I'll be extracting it to my lappy since it's still running Diskeeper Lite 7 (which while good, isn't nearly as good as Perfect Disk which is on my desktop)

EDIT: Regarding the legality, I found the following about the download, so I think it's OK.
The materials at this Site are copyrighted and any unauthorized use of any materials at this Site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You may download one copy of the information or software ("Materials") found on Intel sites on a single computer for your personal, non-commercial internal use only unless specifically licensed to do otherwise by Intel in writing or as allowed by any license terms which accompany or are provided with individual Materials. This is a license, not a transfer of title, and is subject to the following restrictions: you may not: (a) modify the Materials or use them for any commercial purpose, or any public display, performance, sale or rental; (b) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble software Materials except and only to the extent permitted by applicable law; (c) remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from the Materials; (d) transfer the Materials to another person. You agree to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Materials.

JigPu

Last edited:
Well I got it to work, to a point, only problem is I couldn't install it...I got Error 1606.

Anyway thanks so much Cytomax! Even though I couldn't install, I bet everyone else is very excited!

karl pell said:
are you running NAV?

"This behavior may also be caused by Norton AntiVirus 2003. For more information about this behavior and for steps that you can take to resolve the problem, visit the following Symantec Web site ..."
Nope I use AntiVir.

Well your welcome to anyone and everyone that found this helpful...
Eddie

Does the program work better than the MS built in Defragger? Because it seems that sometimes, after defraging, it fragments just after its done..annoying.

Well I use Diskeeper 10 and it is a LOT better than the Windows defragger. I would assume this is the same with Diskeeper Lite 9.0 (I' never used this app though).

Just D/L'ed from Work (T-1 :) ), and copied it to my USB-Thumb Drive (took almost as long to copy as it took to D/L :p ), and I'll install it once I get home. If this works - I'll be very happy, as I was pondering buying my "About to expire" trial version of O&O Defrag...

I got version 8 of Diskeeper and its great. I love the program and you can't compare this to MS Defragger since thats just total trash :)

I've used both PerfectDisk and Diskeeper and I haven't really noticed a difference between either one of them. I guess it's just me but I don't see a difference using MS defragger either.

Back