• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am i Screwed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amarkarian

my computer has so many viruses, spyware, and junk that im just going to reformat, but heres my problem, i have all cd's except for World of warcraft, i have a acount so do u think wow would give me a new one?

And most importantley, how do i completly clear hard drive and delete everythign and then install a new partiton partitioning my two hard drives?

i would call blizzard about WoW. I am sure they can get you a copy. maybe not free, but they can get you one.

if you are installing XP, you will have to option to change/make/delete the partition. delete it, then select it as the one you want to install on. then it will ask if you want to do a quick format or a full format. do a full one. that will write every byte to 0.

also another question, i have the 2 cd's for windows media center but i dont have the instruction manual, and cd key, if i call microsoft could they give me a key? do i need a key?

for windows download http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml and run it, it will tell you your key.

for wow, if you have a legal account, just download a torrent copy of the game, I have a few titles that I just have cd keys for, and have done this in the past and I can't see why it wouldn't be legal. Often to send you a disc the companies charge nearly the same $ as for a new copy.

or if you'd rather not wait forever for torrents, familiarize yourself with newsgroups. Or ask a friend to borrow his...no marriage is involved between the discs and your key.

Back