• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, can't get fine air-bubbles out of my system.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Powered

Hey guys, I just installed a new WC Setup last night and I can't seem to get fine air-bubbles out of the CPU block.

Any suggestions?

M Powered said:
Hey guys, I just installed a new WC Setup last night and I can't seem to get fine air-bubbles out of the CPU block.

Any suggestions?

let it run for a couple of days, usually works

and if you can, turn your pump on and off and back on again, until the bubbles come out. I bought an old AT powersupply with a powerbutton thingy to do that, you don have to hook them up to your mobo. When the pump turns off, the bubbles flow to the highest point on your loop, aka where your res or tline should be.

M Powered said:

Any suggestions?
It will take at least a couple days for all the tiny little bubbles, stuck to the inside of the tubes, to work their way out.

Add a few drops of Jetdry. Reducing the surface tension of the water sould help the bubbles come unstuck, and it ought to improve your cooling slightly too.

Otter said:
Add a few drops of Jetdry. Reducing the surface tension of the water sould help the bubbles come unstuck, and it ought to improve your cooling slightly too.

Dawn works really good too. :p

If they never stop comming out you probably have a slow leak. Otherwise what block do you have?

There is a small leak on my pump, it drips a few drops of water a day to the base - I'm going to get some teflon tape and re-seal it.

Besides that, there are no leaks, I thourougly checked everything.

As for the bubbles, it is slowly going away, still some left inside the CPU block - the tube otherwise is bubble-free.

This is the CPU block I have.

http://sharkacomputers.com/waancpuwablf.html

Back