• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7/16" tubing over 5/8" barbs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cx323

My radiator has 5/8" OD barbs. I have 7/16" ID masterkleer tubing and i can't seem to get it over the barbs. What's the best way to do this, i already tried soaking it in warm water?

cx323 said:
My radiator has 5/8" OD barbs. I have 7/6" ID masterkleer tubing and i can't seem to get it over the barbs. What's the best way to do this, i already tried soaking it in warm water?
I would think that if you have 7/6"ID tubing, it would fit over the barbs with quite allot of room to spare. How do you plan on making a good seal?

Soong said:
I would think that if you have 7/16"ID tubing, it would fit over the barbs with quite allot of room to spare. How do you plan on making a good seal?

that was a typo i meant 7/16. sorry

depending on the brand you may or may not be able to d it. you can stretch it with some brands by heating it in boiling water but be aware the more it stretches the higher the possiblility of splitting

if its the masterkleer stuff, you'll probably need to put it in some hot water and/or put soap on the end of the barb to get it over it without too much of a struggle, but you'll be able to make it fit - its only 1/16" smaller than 1/2" ID tubing

Back